Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Nighttime Skincare Routine

Hi Lovelies!

Hope you are all having a great week so far! I don't know about you but I can't wait for the weekend.

So, I thought I'd share my nighttime skincare routine with you and tell you what I think about the products that I use. I have oily skin and tend to break out every so often. I also want to mention that my skin is super sensitive so these products work pretty well with my skin. Let's get started...

Nighttime Skincare Routine and Products

First, I use Philosophy's Purity Made Simple facial cleanser to cleanse my skin. I wet my face first, put about 2 pumps in my hand and gently apply it all over my face and eyes. Yes, even my eyes! This cleanser is gentle enough to remove eye makeup and is freakin' awesome at removing makeup residue. It's also great to use with a Clarisonic cleansing brush. 

Nighttime Skincare Routine and Products
Philosophy Purity Made Simple
One-Step Facial Cleanser
www.philosophy.com

Second, I remove my remaining eye makeup with Clinique's Take The Day Off Makeup Remover. I put a dime size amount on a small towel and gently press down on my eye. Then I wipe off the makeup around my eye and rinse my eyes with water to make sure my eye area is completely clean. Be careful if you use a towel to wipe off your makeup though as it might stain your towel. I recommend using a dark colored towel so the makeup won't show. Alternatively, you can use a cotton ball or cotton pad.

Nighttime Skincare Routine and Products
 Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup 
Remover for Lids, Lashes and Lips
www.clinique.com

After my face is fully clean, I dab a little bit of Philosophy's Eye Hope around each eye. This eye cream is supposed to reduce the appearance of fine lines, dark circles and puffiness. I can't say whether or not this works since I don't really have fine lines or dark circles but it's all about prevention right? 

Nighttime Skincare Routine and Products
 Philosophy Eye Hope 
Eye Cream
www.philosophy.com

After applying my eye cream, I use Philosophy's When Hope Is Not Enough hydrating serum. I put about 4 drops in my hand and apply it to my face and neck. This serum is great at hydrating your skin and is supposed to firm your skin as well as help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. 

Nighttime Skincare Routine and Products
Philosphy When Hope Is Not Enough
Facial Firming Serum
www.philosophy.com

Last but not least, I moisturize my face with Philosophy's Hope In A Jar moisturizer. This is seriously the best moisturizer EVER! It's crazy because when you're applying it, you can actually see the water particles disappear into your skin. This is great stuff! I think this is even Oprah's favorite moisturizer. Can I just say that I love me some Oprah? :-)

Nighttime Skincare Routine and Products
Philosophy Hope In A Jar
Moisturizer For All Skin Types
www.philosophy.com

I wanted to also mention a new product that I've been using for a few weeks now that I actually think works pretty well. It's the Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Cleansing Pads. I use this about 3-4 times a week to cleanse my skin although it says it can be used daily. I choose not to use it daily just because it's a little drying on my skin but it seems to be doing a good job at preventing breakouts so far. When I do use this, I first wet my face and then take one of the pre-saturated pads on the textured side and gently rub that all over my face to exfoliate. Then, I turn it over to the smooth side, wipe it all over my face to get rid of any dirt and oil and rinse well. I find that it leaves my skin really soft and smooth and the best part is that it's only $6.50! Great for all you ballers on a budget out there!

Nighttime Skincare Routine and Products
Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily
Cleansing Pads
www.walmart.com

So there you have it, my nighttime skincare routine. Hope you enjoyed this and you get to try out some of these great skincare products. Until next time, stay beautiful and sweet!

With Lots of Love,

Marcia



No comments:

Post a Comment